Q: Why do you need my medical insurance?
- A: Our office is a medical eye office that has medically trained Therapeutic Optometrists. We collect both medical and vision insurance to help reduce your cost for your examination and it will provide for a more in depth and comprehensive exam that includes internal eye retinal imaging and external cellular imaging of your eyes .
Q: What insurances do you take?
- A: We take a variety of medical and vision insurance plans BCBS, UHC, Aetna, Cigna, VSP, Eyemed, Superior Vision, and Spectera.
Q: What are the earliest/latest appointment slots available in a day?
- A: We see our first patient at 9:00 a.m. and our last patient at 4:45 p.m.
Q: How long does it take to process glasses?
- A: In most cases glasses take about a week and a half to two weeks for completion.
Q: How long does it take to receive a contact lens order?
- A: In most cases contacts only take 2 business days.
Q: Do I need an appointment to come look at glasses?
- A: You do not need an appointment to look at glasses you can come in whenever it is convenient for you!
Q: How long does an appointment usually take?
- A: Appointments last between 30-45 minutes.
Q: What is the average cost for glasses without insurance?
- A: Without insurance frames are on average about $400 – $500, lenses vary widely depending on your visual needs. For a more accurate quote for lenses you will need to have an updated prescription with you when you come choose your eye wear.
Q: Do you have to dilate my eyes during my visit?
- A: In most cases we do not need to dilate your eyes, we offer retinal imaging that looks deep in the back part of your eye.
Q: Where are you located?
- A: We are located in Uptown inside the West Village which is an outdoor shopping center. We are located in between Village Burger Bar and Malai Kitchen. We are in front of Hand and Stone Spa and Francescas.