Eye Doctor In Dallas
Digital eye exams allow the optometrist to detect changes to your eyes faster and with greater accuracy. Eye conditions can now be detected earlier, resulting in improved treatment, thanks to new and improved digital equipment.
What Is a Digital Eye Exam?
You've probably already had a digital exam without realizing it, as they're popping up at eye doctors' offices all over the place.
Digital eye exams are personalized automated tests that are often used in conjunction with regular vision exams to save time during your visit.
These include computerized sensors that use cutting-edge technology to produce an accurate guide to your optical prescription and check for underlying eye conditions. These devices speed up the process by computing the results automatically, rather than having the eye doctor perform the complete eye exam manually. At the conclusion of your eye exam, your eye doctor analyzes all the measurements and images to calculate your eyeglass prescription and assess your eye health.
How Does A Digital Eye Exam Check Eye Health?
In addition to assessing your vision, digital eye exams can map and image your eye, providing the eye doctor with detailed information about your ocular health. Digital eye tests include:
- Corneal Topography - to assess corneal health and help with contact lens fittings
- Digital Retinal Imaging - used to detect serious eye diseases like glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration
- Optical Coherence Tomography - identifies any signs of diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension in your eyes using 3D color images
At Eye Pieces Dallas in Dallas we offer digital eye exams to help you maintain healthy eyes and vision. Take advantage of this new technology by scheduling an eye exam today.
- A: Your eye doctor typically dilates your pupils during a comprehensive eye exam to get the best possible view of the retina, optic nerves and other parts of the eye. This helps them catch glaucoma, macular degeneration and other irreversible eye diseases before they progress to severe vision loss.
- A: It’s recommended to have a comprehensive eye exam — digital or regular — every one to two years, depending on your age, risk factors and whether you currently wear glasses or contact lenses.
Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses. Visit Eye Pieces Dallas for an eye exam and eyeglasses that match your style.