Trendy Optical Store in Dallas, Texas
Even with their surge in popularity over the past few years, wearing glasses can get a little tricky when it comes to figuring out how to put on makeup.
Makeup that generally would look great on someone not wearing glasses can become practically imperceptible under specs. Furthermore, the eyes can appear bigger or smaller— all depending on the prescription.
Tips & Tricks To Improve How EyeGlasses Look With Makeup
Whether you're aiming for a natural or bold look, there are many ways to wear your makeup.
- Lipstick, bold colors in particular, can look great on those who wear glasses with thick or dark frames.
- Eye Liners should not be the same shade as your frames, at it will cause your eyes to blend in, not stand out. Try to wear a liner that’s at least a shade or two lighter than your eyeglass frames.
- Concealer does its magic by literally hiding the dark circle shadows under your eyes that your frames may cast. Concealers with peachy or yellow undertones are ideally suited to eliminate any dark-blue and purple shadows.
- Primer works wonders in keeping your glasses from slipping down your nose. Just dab some on each side of the bridge of your nose before slipping on your specs.
- Eyeshadow is an excellent eye enhancer. However, we recommend you stay away from bold colors. When worn with glasses, it can create an overwhelmingly busy effect. Simple and bright eyeshadow will give you the beautiful, natural-looking enhancement that will make your eyes pop.
- Mascara looks great under glasses. Just make sure to apply it to the roots of the lashes rather than the tips in order to prevent it from smudging all over your lenses. Curl your lashes if needed in order to avoid them from sticking straight towards the lenses.
Thin With Thick
Thick frames call for thick eyeliner, just as thin frames look best with thin eyeliner. In other words, your frames affect which makeup options work best for you. Frameless glasses allow you to wear heavier makeup, while dark frames tend to match best with a more neutral makeup look.
In terms of size, however, the bigger frames offer you more space to experiment as they don’t cover your eyes much. Smaller frames, however, allow for more eyebrow makeup. At times we emphasize what's happening behind the frames and forget the brows. Remember to regularly brush through and tweeze your eyebrows, which frame your frames.
Prescription Lenses and Makeup
Your prescription lenses can enlarge or decrease the apparent size of your eyes, and makeup can do a lot to minimize these effects.
If you have myopia (nearsightedness) and you feel that your glasses make your eyes appear smaller, go for bold eye makeup, such as a bronze smokey eye. You can always use an eyelash curler which typically allows more light to reach your eyes, making them appear larger. Don’t forget to add mascara for the finishing touch.
If you're presbyopic, or far-sighted, your glasses will have the opposite effect by making your eyes appear bigger. In this case, ensure that your eye make-up is as natural and light as possible by using soft mascara and neutral eye shadow tones.
In Need of New Frames? We've Got You Covered!
Come by Eye Pieces Dallas in Dallas to check out our vast selection of designer glasses to rock with your makeup. You may just find the perfect new frames for your new style!
Visit Eye Pieces Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Our office is located at 3699 McKinney Ave, Ste. 321, Dallas, Texas, 75204. Please enter your zip code or city, state below for door-to-door directions.
Your ZIP code: